Back again!!! Here is this week's Colour Room Challenge #55!
This photo is of my Husbands family, I am lucky to have married into such a lovely family!
White CS, Doily's, Petaloo Flowers, Prima Flowers, Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Die Cut, Buttons, Fabric, MM Foam Flourish Stamps, Buttons, Little Roses, Jenni Bowlin - Reverse Brown Stickers, Adorn It - Radiant Alpha's, KC - Pearls,
* Paints - Matisse - Aqua Light Green, KC - Raw Umber, Jo Sonja's - Turners Yellow & Rose Gold.
* Glimmer Mist - Mustard Seed, Tattered Leather & Brick
*I made up a teal glimmer spray with - (Alcohol Inks - Stonewashed, Sail Boat Blue, Lettuce & Pool, Perfect Pearls - Turquoise, Blue Patina & Mint)
*Masks - Tim Holtz - Borderline, Prima Masks
*Rub Ons - DCWV - Doodles with Flourish, Autumn Leaves - Paris in Spring, Three Bugs in a Rug - Inspiration, Sassafrass Lass - Rubons.
* Long Stem Flower - DA0462
* Mini Words - DA0386
* Ornate Fence #1 - DA0440
* I started this layout by masking and spraying one piece of white cardstock, then stamped the flourish stamps around the border first with yellow paint, then going back over the same spot with the brown paint. After I have finished inking and stamping this piece I wasn't really happy with it, so I preceeded to tear the center out leaving the stamped edge border to use as a border on the layout.
I have also used a piece of this inked cardstock as the photo mat.
*I then got another white piece of cardstock and sprayed tattered leather over the floral prima mask in the top RH corner and lightly over the background.
Then using the Aqua paint I stippled over the border mask along the bottom.
* before I stuck the outside border down, paint aqua along the back edge so that when you roll it in the hint of aqua adds another frame to the page. I then machine stitched around this border!!
*I have used my finger to paint the fence yellow and while it was still wet smudged some brown over the top! This was then sprayed with the Brick Glimmer Mist.
* The flower was painted yellow then the edge of the flower was painted with the red, this was also sprayed with the brick and Mustard seed Glimmer mists, I finished this off with lightly brushing another coat of yellow paint with my finger to blend the 2 shades. I added a little bit of Kindy glitz to the tips too!
* When ever I am working with a texture layout with lots of depth (3D foam tape is my best friend) LOL
I mat the photo with a piece of chipboard as well. It just gives the photos protection in your albums.
* I didn't have a teal spray ink when I created this layout, so I made my own using and empty Glimmer Mist bottle, Fill with water (not to the top though) Then I just kept squirting in these Alcohol Ink Colours until I was happy with the shade - (Stonewashed, Sail Boat Blue, Lettuce & Pool). As well as adding little scoops of Perfect Pearls powders using the tip of a paddlepop stick for a scoop- (Turquoise, Blue Patina & Mint) I just kept blending and adding colours until I had the right shade of teal I was after!!
Have a great Day!!